Effective Date: January 1st, 2022
Last Updated: November 28th, 2023
Robyn Inc. ("Robyn," "we," "our" or "us") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through its compliance with this privacy notice. This privacy notice explains our policies and procedures regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and security of certain information that we receive, in particular "personal information" that can identify you, including personal health information. It is our sincere hope that by explaining our practices for handling information, we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you.
Robyn provides its customers and other users ("User", "you" or "your") information, content, resources and access to services related to fertility, wellness, obstetric, gynecological and ancillary or related services (e.g., text-based support through Robyn's Virtual Doula and Fertility Outreach services, etc.) (collectively, "Women's Health Services").
This notice applies to information we collect when you:
- Access or use any of the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services.
- Register and create an account for the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services.
- Make appointments or engage with healthcare professionals through any of Robyn Services.
- Provide any journey submissions or other content through the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services.
- Send an e-mail, text and other electronic messages through any of the Robyn Services or to Robyn.
- Submit content through any of the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services.
- Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
This notice does not apply to information collected by third parties not controlled by Robyn, including through any link that may be accessible from or on the Robyn Services.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is not to access or use the Women's Health Services or any of the other Robyn Services. By accessing or using any of the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services, you agree to this privacy notice. This notice may change from time to time as described in Changes to Our Privacy Notice below.
Minors under the Age of 18
None of the Women's Health Services or any of the other Robyn Services are intended directly for minors under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information on or through the Women's Health Services or any of the other Robyn Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Robyn Services or any of its features or register on the Sites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Robyn Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without the consent from a parent or legal guardian, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information if you access and use Robyn Services, including information by which you may be personally identified:
- Your IP address, including when you create an account;
- Name, email, city, state, Instagram handle and photo if you provide journey submissions;
- Name, email address and stage (e.g., fertility, pregnancy, postpartum or parenthood) if you sign-up to receive information from Robyn (e.g., acupuncture, birth education, fertility, etc.);
- Name, phone number, email address, zip code, age, ethnic identify, gender identity, stage, stage of pregnancy and estimated due date/baby's date of birth if you register to access and use certain services (e.g., our Virtual Doula services, etc.);
- Information related to the services that you want (e.g., how long have you been trying to conceive, is this your first time trying to conceive, etc.), pregnancy (e.g., do you have a primary medical care provider, are you insured, etc.) and postpartum (e.g., did you have a primary medical care provider, where did you give birth, etc.) if you complete any intake forms for such services (e.g., our Virtual Doula services, etc.);
- Credit card information if you book an appointment through any of the Robyn Services (for processing through our third-party payment processor);
- Information that you voluntarily provide if you register, create accounts or fill in forms or applications on or through any of the Robyn Services;
- Journey submissions and other content that you submit to be published or displayed on or through any of the Robyn Services (collectively, "User Content").
- Analytics information when you access and use any of the Robyn Services (see Cookies and Tracking below); and
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of your website visit.
We may also collect information from and about you when you:
Report a problem or concern with any of the Women's Health Services or other Robyn Services;
- Contact us (records and copies of your correspondence, including email address, or recordings of support calls for staff training and quality assurance purposes); and/or
- Carry out transactions you carry out through any of the Women's Health Services or other Robyn Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use any of the Robyn Services.
- From third parties, such as our business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
Some of the information that we collect automatically may be statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us.
Certain situations may also involve you calling us (or our Service Providers) or our (or our Service Providers) calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you do not provide certain personal information identified in this notice, we may not be able to provide you access to or use certain of the Women's Health Services and other Robyn Services or the support that we otherwise could if you do provide this personal information.
How We Use Your Information
We will only use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, as described in this privacy notice to:
- Provide the Women's Health Services and the other Robyn Services;
- Send you news or information about any of the Robyn Services that may be of interest to you (if you have not opted-out);
- Process and obtain payment for the access and use of the Women's Health Services and the other Robyn Services;
- Publish or distribute any User Content that you provide;
- Enable Service Providers to provide services and to perform responsibilities that you have requested in connection with the Women's Health Services and the other Robyn Services;
- Provide technical and other support to you;
- Provide you with notices about any of the Robyn Services, including any changes to the Women's Health Services or the other Robyn Services;
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of all of the Robyn Services;
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Use of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Robyn Services uses AI to help our Doulas respond to your questions quickly and effectively, but our Doulas always make the final decision on the advice they give you. When you use Robyn Services, we connect you directly with a Doula, not with third party AI systems. We never provide any AI system with personally identifiable information. We have policies and procedures to ensure AI is used safely and effectively.
When you use any of the Robyn Services, we collect information from you automatically using cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies. We use functional cookies on our websites to deliver the desired functionality and user experience and analytics cookies, including Google Analytics, to collect and analyze aggregate visitor behavior.
This information collected may include the URL of the site you came from, your browser, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, date/time of access, data transferred, pages visited, amount of time on the websites, transactions conducted, and other "clickstream" data. This information may be used to:
- Provide visitors the benefit of not having to re-enter the same data over and over again;
- Assist us in our marketing efforts;
- Help diagnose technical problems;
- Monitor system usage, server and software performance;
- Improve system design, create benchmarks and conduct trending analyses; and
- Perform statistical analyses and generate data related to how visitors use our websites.
Information about website visitors may be collated and analyzed by third party services like Google Analytics. We do not combine information collected through the use of Google Analytics with your personal information.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics and Google AdWords remarketing codes to log when Users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
We use Facebook Pixel to track conversion and direct relevant advertising to our customers. It is an analytics tool that allows us to measure the effectiveness of our advertising by understanding the actions Users take on the Website.
You can opt out by following the instructions here: http://optout.aboutads.info.
Do Not Track Policy
We do not honor any web browser "Do Not Track" signals or other mechanisms that allow you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services
Robyn may use or partner with third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (e.g., storage of data and other information, CRM, healthcare providers, booking virtual sessions, purchasing certain services, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you) (collectively, "Service Providers"). Robyn may share your information with these Service Providers, or they may otherwise have access to your information in the course of performing their responsibilities and providing services. The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device when you click on ads that appear on or through Robyn Services.
These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Robyn. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's important to guard your privacy when you are online. If Robyn Services contain links to other websites, this privacy notice does not govern those websites. Whether we have posted those links or other organizations, or individuals have, you should read their privacy notices and make an informed decision about whether you want to use those websites or services.
We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any of the Robyn Services, and those third parties may not honor "Do Not Track" requests you have set using your web browser.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use any of the Robyn Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained in accordance with this notice. By allowing Robyn to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Sites and view content faster.
Although Users from all over the world may access Robyn Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We have no current intent to sell your personal information without your consent to do so. If that ever changes, we will notify you as described in Changes to Our Privacy Notice below.
We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide as described in this privacy notice:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties to support and deliver Robyn Services but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support and delivery.
- To Service Providers from whom you have elected to receive services.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Robyn's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Robyn about Users of any of the Robyn Services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To our affiliates and business partners.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Robyn, our Users or others.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing, Robyn will comply with all applicable state and federal privacy and health laws and regulations including The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (together with the other privacy and health laws, collectively, the "Privacy and Security Laws").
All medical information and data concerning specific Users including but not limited to the identification of the Users, derived from the access and use of the Women's Health Services and the other Robyn Services shall be treated and maintained in a confidential manner.
To the extent required by a Service Provider or by law, Robyn shall enter into a Business Associate Agreement with such Service Provider (a "Business Associate Agreement").
If Robyn has access to any individually identifiable health information ("PHI"), then, Robyn agrees that it shall not disclose to any third party, except where required or permitted by applicable Privacy and Security Laws and the applicable Business Associate Agreement, any PHI, medical records or other User information regarding any User, and in such case, disclosures shall be made in accordance with the applicable policies of the parties, the applicable Business Associate Agreement and Privacy and Security Laws. All medical information and data concerning specific Users, including but not limited to PHI and the identification of Users, derived from the access and use of the Women's Health Services and the other Robyn Services shall be treated and maintained in a confidential manner.
Anonymized or Aggregated Information
Robyn may use, share, disclose and sell information that is anonymized or in an aggregated form (i.e., in a form that does not identify you) without restriction so long as it does not violate the Terms of this privacy notice or any applicable law.
Choices About the Use of Your Personal Information to Market to You We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- If you do not wish Robyn Services to use your e-mail address/contact information to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties' products or services to you, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of marketing emails. This opt out does not apply to information Robyn provides about any of the Robyn Services, for example product updates and transactions.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe's Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us by emailing us at email@example.com. We may need to verify your identity to make any changes.
Deleting Your Account
You may delete your account at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need to verify your identity to confirm that you have the authority to delete the account before we delete your account. If you terminate your account, you will no longer be able to use your account or access any information related to your activities on your account.
To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
Given the nature of sharing on or through the Women's Healthcare Services and the other Robyn Services, any public activity on your account prior to deletion will remain stored on our servers and will remain accessible to the public.
Your California Privacy Rights California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits Users of Robyn Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com s or write to us at: Robyn Inc., located at: 426 S. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
Robyn retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purpose or as permitted or required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you.
We may retain certain information as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally identifiable data, or if required by law. All retained personal information will remain subject to this privacy notice.
Note that we will delete your personal information upon your request as described above.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. Robyn cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures for any of the Robyn Services.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use of your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not to share your password with anyone.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
The policies indicated in this privacy notice will remain effective, even if the Terms and the other agreements between us are terminated and you are no longer using any of the Women's Health Services or other Robyn Services.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy notice and our privacy practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ATTN: Privacy Officer, Robyn Inc., 426 S. McCadden Place, Los Angeles, CA 90020.
(c) Copyright Robyn Inc. 2022